Friday, September 5, 2008

A Proud Olympic View Eaglet!

Well, school seems to be going well for both of the girls!! Today when I picked Lauren up, the whole class was holding up these signs. They had a parade at school where the students walked around the block holding their sign that said "I am a proud Olympic View Eaglet"! The schools mascot is the Eagle, but Lauren explained to us last night, that the Kindergartners are Eaglets because they are the "little" kids. She said Emma is an Eagle because she is a "big" kid. So there you have it out of a 5 year-olds mouth! Then she carried the sign up high singing the school song the whole walk home!!
Emma is also liking school so far. She met some girls in her class that she is already friends with. One of them, named Drea, lives close to us, so she was excited about that. Emma likes how we are able to walk to and from school. It is amazing how many other people are walking on the way. It is like a small party on the way to school. I never realized this since I left so early to drive over to John Rogers to get Emma for the past three years. I can tell you this, I am not going to miss that at all!!!
Plus, I will get more exercise walking to Olympic View. I read somewhere that you need to take at least 3000 steps a day for a healthy heart. Today I counted and from my front door to the school is about 1,200 steps. Since Lauren is released at 1:30 and Emma at 3:20, I have 6 walks to or from the school, so I will definitely get my 3000 steps in!!

Here is a picture of Cash, Stacy's baby that I watch, he was enjoying one of his frozen yogurts. They like to call it "baby crack" because he LOVES it. Well, I am going to go with that term, because he threw a huge fit when it was all gone. I think the workers next door thought I was abusing him!! Jeepers!!

No comments: