Once you start a blog, you start to look at other people's blogs. Some of them I look at for ideas, others are friends of mine that have started blogs and some are complete strangers. I was reading this family's blog pictured above for awhile. They are Stephanie and Christian Nielson and they live in Mesa, AZ with their four children. Her blog is "well-known" in the blogging community and has become very popular. Unfortunately, last month they were in a private plane crash and Christian suffered burns on 30% of his body and Stephanie suffered burns on 80% of her body. She is still in a medically induced coma and has many months of recovery. Christian is slowly coming out of his coma and realizing just how much their lives will be forever changed. It is such a tragic story and I read her sister's updates regularly. It just reminds me how lucky I am to have such a beautiful, healthy family. Tragedy can strike at anytime, so you can never take anything for granted.


Her sister Courtney also has a blog that gives the updates on her sister. She is also caring for Stephanie and Christian's four children so she updates how they are doing too. I just find this story heart-breaking and pray for their family's recovery. :(

No comments:
Post a Comment