Friday, November 14, 2008

OK...I am done listening to Ian!

Book Fairs...do you remember those?? I used to love the school book fair when I was a kid. Getting to spend your recess in the library writing down all the books you wanted on a list for your parents, instead of playing outside in the cold and rain! Anyways, Ian walks with me to drop off the kids and somehow Emma lured us into the school book fair. She is pointing to this book and that book all in the hopes I will buy them. I tell her I will come back later that day when Lauren is with us to buy a few books for them and one off of each of their teacher's wish lists. With her pitiful little eyes she asks very nicely if she can just have $5 so she can buy one book during recess. I guess that is a BIG DEAL with third graders. I tell her I don't have my wallet, sorry.
IN steps Ian...he says I will loan you the money to give her. Of course, Emma lights up!! OK, I say. But all he has is a twenty. No, no, no...I say, she will lose it. Ian tells me she has to learn to be responsible. So I let her have the twenty and tell her she can buy the book, but nothing else.
Fast forward to school pick-up!! Emma hops in the Rover all happy. I ask her how the book fair was. Great she says. I say good, did you bring me my change?? Yes, she says and hands me 52 CENTS. ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? 52 CENTS, where is the rest of the money? I ask her how many books did she get, and she says ONE, like you said. Only ONE BOOK and 52 cents?? So I ask her where is the rest of the money. She then goes on to tell me she bought a book for a friend and a bookmark for her and an eraser. I say WHY? She says, because she told me too. WHAT?!?!! Then I look at her receipt and they double charged her for the ONE book she did buy!! So as I am getting pissed, Ian is sitting there laughing, and right then and there, I remind myself NEVER TO LISTEN TO IAN AGAIN!

1 comment:

Mrs. Downing and Mrs. Kelly said...

That is so funny!
I remember the first time I let Alec buy "books" unsupervised at the bookfair. He came home with just a couple Seahawk posters. You know what big football fans we are?!