Sunday, October 26, 2008

Bizarro Land...as Kaleen would say!!

For the past eight years, we have had a group of friends that get together for dinner once a month. We usually try to get together on the third Thursday of each month with a different couple hosting. And Yep, you guessed it, we call it "Third Thursday"!!! Last Thursday, we were the hosts for our monthly dinner. Rob and Kaleen walked in and Kaleen was shocked because she did not know I had switched the color of my hair!! Hee heee...she should have been reading my blog!! Then she said she felt like she was in Bizarro Land because I was actually cooking dinner. Now if any of you truly know me, you know I NEVER, EVER cook!! I hate cooking, I despise cooking, I absolutely find no joy in it at all!! But for some reason, that day I decided I would cook lasagna for our "Third Thursday" dinner. So as Kaleen sat there in amazement...I told her she really was in Bizarro Land because we actually were getting a puppy too!! Something I also said I would NEVER, EVER do!! But now I feel the girls should have a dog. Lauren longs for a dog...she walks around with an imaginary dog she calls "Scout". Everytime there is a holiday that involves giving gifts, they ask for a dog. It is so sad!! So I finally broke down and said we could have a small dog. So here she is in the picture above. Her name is "Scout", even though she is a girl. The girls were worried they would not be able to name her that. But I told them it was OK, Scout was a girl in "Too Kill a Mockingbird", Demi Moore and Bruce Willis' daughter is named Scout. So Scout will be a good name, a name that has been in the girls minds for a long time!! Below we have Cash hanging out in Scout's bed! He is breaking it in for her!!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

oh man, hazel can't wait to meet scout...tank can't wait either!! when does she come? what is she? more info please!!!