Thursday, October 2, 2008

You know that saying.....

Everything happens for a reason!!! Well, it does. Last night, as I was heading to bed a HUGE fly buzzed right by my face. I screamed, and Bart, who was setting the alarm clock looked at me like I was nuts. I told him a HUGE bug just flew by my face. (At this point I did not know it was a fly.) Bart shook his head like I was seeing things, until it started flying around in spastic circles. It landed on our headboard right next to my pillow. So as I go to hit it, and I notice that it landed right next to an even BIGGER spider. OMG, now I am freaking out telling Bart that their is a great big, black spider right next to my pillow and thank god the fly landed there so I knew. I yell at Bart to get the spider and he says, "Hold on, I am setting the alarm". Setting the alarm??? NO, get this damn spider before it crawls away and we cannot find it!! All I could think about now is that this spider would have been so close to my face all night long if the fly had not landed right next to it! But wait, it gets better! Bart removes the spider and then grabs a towel to kill the fly. So now I get to watch Bart run around our room in spastic circles trying to hit the fly. All the while he is showing me that I need to dust because he is hitting lamp shades, pillows, dressers and dust is flying everywhere! The fly then flies out of our room and down the hall. Bart is following is with his towel and is gone for awhile. He soon gives up on the fly and comes back in the room. But that fly is sneaky and follows him back into the room. In fact I think he rode in on Bart's back, because I swear I never saw him fly back in!! So now Bart is getting pissed at this fly. He is still wildly swinging around trying to hit it and then all of a sudden it was gone. I think the fly was playing hide and seek with him!! So he then looks for it FOREVER and after awhile he gives up and decides to go to bed!! This whole ordeal took over 20 minutes and we never saw the fly again. A few minutes later after laying in darkness, Bart says, "that was one smart fly, maybe it was a dead family member who just wanted to let you know about the spider. Maybe it was a good thing I didn't kill it!" Hmmm...I said. Then I just layed there thinking...I wonder which family member it was?? That is kind of creepy!!!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Dude! Dead family member...alerting you to the spider?
I'm enjoying the image of Bart stirring up dust all over the house...good stuff!